Ian has always had an interest in the treatment of injury and pain. Not just the effect that it has on the tissue or structure involved, but also how it impacts so many facets of the person’s life. This fascination led him to complete his BSc in Physiotherapy in RCSI in 2014, and becoming a physiotherapist.
He has worked in private practice ever since qualifying, managing complaints of musculoskeletal pain and injury. He has been lucky to have learned from some of the world’s experts in musculoskeletal physiotherapy as part of his ongoing professional development since graduating. This training and development has led him to obtain a number of post-graduate qualifications including;
- The internationally renowned “Certificate in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy” accredited through Curtin University, Australia which has been invaluable to develop his clinical reasoning and an expertise in the contemporary and effective use of manual therapy.
- The “European Diploma in Pain Physiotherapy” through the European Pain Federation in 2023, where he was honoured to receive the 2023 Louis Gifford award for the highest scoring candidate in the exam.
- Advanced level certification in Vestibular rehabilitation. Ian now leads the Vestibular rehabilitation service in DBC which is a specialist branch of physiotherapy which manages complaints of dizziness, vertigo and balance disorders.
- He has also completed training in the use of dry needling, orthotic prescription, biomechanics assessment, psychologically informed physiotherapy & Shockwave therapy.
Ian’s caseload has included working with all demographics, professional athletes, intercounty GAA teams and collegiate level Soccer teams, as well as with his own GAA club, Ballyboden St. Enda’s. However, now his time is dedicated to clinical work exclusively, based in DBC Ashleaf.
Ian has a passion for physiotherapy and a genuine belief in how it can help people when utilised effectively. Effective communication, education, and an active rehabilitation based approach are the cornerstones of how Ian treats the patients that he sees. He is constantly upskilling himself so that he can help every person who he meets as much as possible, and utilise the most effective and up to date management strategies with them.
Ian’s clinical interests include the treatment of neck and back pain, persistent pain of all sorts, as well rehabilitation of complaints of dizziness and vertigo.
- Chronic and traumatic Back and Neck Pain
- Headaches and Dizziness
- Pre and Post Operative Back and Neck Rehabilitation
- Biomechanics & Orthotic Prescription
- Chronic Tendon Injuries
- Complex Sports Rehabilitation
Ashleaf: Mon – Fri
- 30 Min Physiotherapy Assessment: €75
- 45 Minute Rehabilitation sessions: €70
- Specialist Vestibular Assessment: €140
Join Our Newsletter
Meet Our Ashleaf Specialists
News & Events
Our goal is to provide valuable content that will help you better understand the importance of physiotherapy and how you can benefit from it in your daily life. Whether you suffer from chronic pain, need rehab after an injury, or just want to keep your body in good shape, our blog is for you.